Coach Driver Information
Advice for coach drivers:
- Locking Road Coach Park is closed from the Monday preceding the carnival up to and including the Saturday following the carnival. Limited coach parking is available at Madeira Car Park (BS23 2HA).
- On the Friday, official coach parking for the carnival is on Marine Parade (BS23 1BE). Our map shows the route to Marine Parade and the official coach parking area for carnival night. Coach parking is available from 12 noon.
- Please follow directional signage from junction 21 and junction 22, M5.
- Charges apply. No other coach parking is available in the town.
- Town centre roads close at 6pm. Follow the signed route to avoid road closures.
- Procession starts at 7.15pm.
- On arrival an official will collect your parking fee:
£15 (mini buses)
- The fee goes to carnival charity funds. You will be given a receipt and directed to your parking position. Permit holders are exempt from this payment.
VIP permit only parking
‘On Route’ parking on the promenade is reserved strictly for permit holders only.
- £50 for mini-buses of 16 seats or under (no campervans)
- £130 for coaches over 17 seats
Parking in this restricted area will not be allowed until 4pm, or until allowed by officials. No access will be available after 6pm so please arrive early.
Permits must be displayed.
Permits allow parking in the general coach parking area until it’s time to transfer.
No coaches will be allowed on the promenade surface unless the operator has a ‘spill kit’ or absorbent matting. Vehicles with oil leaks will be refused entry by North Somerset Council who will do inspections on the day.
Permits are only available in advance from:
Mob: 07903 273214
For further information contact:
Seafront and Events Team
Dick Berry – 01934 427249
High tides or adverse weather may lead to North Somerset Council deploying flood defences.
This will result in the carnival procession using an alternative route and permit only parking being moved to a different location. Coach drivers are advised to follow the directional signage and parking staff will advise of any changes on the day.
The procession starts at Locking Road car park, turns left at the roundabout, past Tesco’s following Alexandra Parade and left on to Alfred Street. At the end of Alfred Street the procession turns left on to the Boulevard, along Waterloo Street and South Parade turning left at the Cabot Bars on to the seafront (Royal Parade). Once it reaches the Weston Wheel it will turn left on to Carlton Street, travelling along Station Road where it ends.
“Coach Driver Information” is available to download and includes a map and procession route for guidance.
Each and every collector will wear an Official (colour TBC) sash. Each collecting tin or bucket will carry an Official Number with a (colour TBC) label across the tin or bucket. Official Collecting Floats will also appear in the procession. Please give your donations to Official Collectors ONLY.
Please give generously and help us exceed last year’s collection of £7,910
2019 programmes will be on sale for £1 each at various locations including Visit Weston at the Tropicana and McColls newsagents.
Proudly sponsored by:
What we do
What we do
What we do