Travelling By Car
Advice for car drivers:
- The Beach Lawns are being made available for car parking from 12.00 noon on the day of the carnival at a cost of £5.00 per car.
- Visitors can reach Beach Lawns by following the Coach Route Parking as far as the Sea Front. This will take you to the Beach Lawns area.
- Visitors are also advised to take advantage of on-street parking where possible and enjoy a leisurely stroll into town.
- Check Council run car-parks for available parking (please note that these are mainly within the route and therefore exit will not be possible until the conclusion of the Carnival).
- If you are not staying in Weston and are planning to leave after the procession it would be advisable to perhaps delay your exit and enjoy a drink, snack or meal. This may save you sitting in traffic if everyone attempts to leave together.
- Please follow directional signage from junction 21 and junction 22, M5.
- Town centre roads close at 6pm.
- Follow the signed route to avoid road closures.
- Procession starts at 7.15pm.
High tides or adverse weather may lead to North Somerset Council deploying flood defences.
This will result in the carnival procession using an alternative route. Car drivers are advised to follow any directional signage in place on the day.
The procession starts at Locking Road car park, turns left at the roundabout and bears right into Alfred Street. At the end of Alfred Street the procession turns left on to the Boulevard, along Waterloo Street and South Parade turning left at the Cabot Bars on to the seafront (Royal Parade). Once it reaches the Weston Wheel it will turn left on to Carlton Street, travelling along Station Road where it ends.
“Car Driver Information” is available to download and includes a map and procession route for guidance.
Each and every collector will wear an OFFICIAL YELLOW SASH. Each collecting tin or bucket will carry an OFFICIAL NUMBER on the tin or bucket. Official Collecting carts will also appear in the procession. Please give your donations to OFFICIAL COLLECTORS ONLY.
Please give generously and help us exceed last year’s collection of £7,910
2019 programmes will be on sale for £1 each at various locations including Visit Weston at the Tropicana and McColls newsagents.
Proudly sponsored by:
What we do
What we do
What we do